Most people use B.C. Ferries to reach the main Gulf Islands on foot, bicycle or vehicle, travelling through some of the most stunning scenery in the world. See www.bcferries.com for everything you need to know about schedules, reservations and fares.
• The Gulf Islands are well served by float plane companies for scheduled and charter flights.
• Government docks and private marinas are ready for boaters year-round. Booking ahead is recommended during busy summer months.
• Water taxi services provide some island connections.
• Ways to get around vary from island to island. Besides taxi services and car and scooter rentals, Salt Spring Island has a public transit system with buses meeting most ferries seven days a week. See www.busonline.ca, pick up a printed schedule locally or call 250-538-4282 for up-to-date bus info. Mayne Island also has a community bus (email@example.com) and the Saturna Shuttle operates in summer months.
• Pender, Mayne and Salt Spring islands also have car-stop systems for easier hitchhiking.